Fashion & Design workshop
The Fashion & Design Workshop is a great experience for all those interested in the Fashion industry. Create your own designer clothing and accessories and explore different styles, designers and learn hot tips used by world famous stylists.
The Fashion & Design workshop covers a lot of scope on this industry. The Workshop is very practical and "hands-on" giving everyone the opportunity to "create", whilst at the same time offering helpful advice on design and how to wear various fashions.
Participants can try T-shirt customising, bring their own jeans to be re-worked, create accessories from scratch, use various fabrics and art materials, cut and slash, sew and paint - the list goes on. Our tutor will advise the group on fashion do's and don'ts, different ways to wear things, advice on re-vamping your wardrobe at no-cost and will take the group through the latest up and coming fashion. They will then help to bring your designs to life by working with templates to create fashion illustrations and designs. The workshop can finish with fun catwalk modelling of the clothes and accessories that have been created.
As well as learning a new fun skill, participants of this workshop go away with their own pieces of work and new fashion ideas. Some people make gift ideas or plan to sell their work.
The Fashion & Design workshop leaders
Our Fashion tutors have trained at various Institutes in London. They have worked as stylists for bands, designers of various clothing styles as well as being involved in their own businesses. Their styles are versatile and vary from high street to boutique and all are easily learnt from them.
Scheme of work
- Give people an introduction to Fashion and Design and explore their hidden creativity in this field, bringing to life their ideas and helping them create them using raw materials
- Working with someone who's qualified and experienced in Fashion & Design
- The opportunity to take away personalised, designer clothes created in the Workshop
Highlights of the workshop:
- Putting on a catwalk show to model all the clothes and accessories the group has created in the Workshop
All participants will have the opportunity to:
- Have practical involvement in the workshop and have their ideas developed and channelled into a finished product
Evidence of participation
Many youth schemes require evidence of learners' participation and achievements in wider learning projects to contribute to the young person's file or CV. Top Dog can support this by providing a Top Dog Certificate of Achievement.