The Magic workshop teaches group communication skills, sleight of hand and interpersonal techniques. Wherever you are, it's brilliant to be able to entertain, amaze and amuse people with Magic be it in an educational setting, social or business.
At the end of their first workshop, participants will leave being able to perform one (or several) magic tricks, depending on how adept they are. This workshop greatly captures full attention of all participants, of all ages, as they learn amazing tricks and then learn how to perform them to friends and family.
Throughout the duration of the course, participants will also learn psychological methods such as misdirection and rapport building, communication skills, awareness of group dynamics and (of course) sleight of hand.
The tricks taught range from beginner to intermediate and (on average) between one and three new tricks will be learned at each workshop.
The Magic workshop leaders
The majority of our Magicians have been performing Magic for over a decade throughout Europe and America. As course leaders they have trained other Magicians, and members of the public alike, in a variety of events.
Scheme of work
- Teaching you how to entertain others using Magic, using the principles of Magic to increase group communication skills and interpersonal techniques
- To gain confidence when it comes to dealing with people
- Learning sleight of hand
- Increased confidence, self belief and empowerment
- Increased communication skills and awareness of group dynamics
Highlights of the workshop:
- Watching Magic
- Being able to perform the same material yourself on the same day
All participants will have the opportunity to:
- Feed back
- Perform Magic to the group
- Have one on one time with the Magician
- Learn Magic
Evidence of participation
Many youth schemes require evidence of learners' participation and achievements in wider learning projects to contribute to the young person's file or CV. Top Dog can support this by providing a Top Dog Certificate of Achievement.